Hello everyone!! Kymona here for the first time as a design team member show you how to create a big bold layout!! I'm so over the top excited to be here with all of you!!
Let me show you:
I've always wanted to be a NASCAR driver and my sister beat me to the punch. So I had to create a layout to remind myself that I need to scratch this goal off of my bucket list!!
My sister's photo is pretty bold. So, I wanted my layout to be just as bold as the photo. To do that I needed my background paper had to have some red, black and white added to it.
Here's how I created this layout:
1. Apply some red and black acyclic paint streaks using a paint brush.
2. Heat set the wet paint a little bit.
3. Take a gift card and run the short end through some white paint.
4. Use the gift card to create a line through the red and black paint, slightly mixing the white paint.
5. Once that is done, press Jet Black Crisp Dye Ink on your palette.
6. Using a paint brush dipped in water, pick up the black ink and slightly tap the brush on your finger to create small splatters.
7. Heat set.
9. Now its time to layer your image with pattern paper from the Reflections Scrapbook Kit.
10. Pull out three sheets of pattern paper, two black and white and one with red or close to red as possible.
11. Size up your image so that the pattern papers behind it are slightly bigger then the photo.
12. Add a date tab to the last sheet of patten paper before taping them all down.
13. Using foam tape, add each layer to one another.
14. Adhere the entire piece to the layout using regular tape adhesive.
15. After that, add the title using the alpha stickers from the Reflections Scrapbook Kit.
Just as I thought I was finish, I remembered the little bit of yellow in the photo. So I add a couple of yellow enamel dots from the New Day Card Kit to bring out the yellow in the photo. Along with a couple black ones too.
Nice and easy and pretty fun to create!! What do you think? Would you consider creating a big bold layout?
Thanks for stopping by!