Hello everyone!! Kymona here to show you how to match patterns on your layout. Finding pattern paper and photos that coordinate isn’t always easy but when you find that you have a match, take advantage of that.
Let me show you:
I love how Altenew Reflections Scrapbook Collection pattern paper matches the sewing machine in my photo. The square blocks goes perfectly with the mosaic look the sew machine is made out of. Adding the white cardstock behind the photo adds contrast between the two patterns. Keeping this layout clean and simple allows you to focus on the photo with out any distractions.
My 10 year old daughter takes sewing classes and this sewing machine is the first thing you see when you walk in the door. I love it because its so crafty. So I knew I want to do a layout using it!!
The sentiment from Sewing Labels Stamp Set is perfect for this photo, since the machine would be quiet for sure.
Here’s how I created this layout:
1. Pick out the photo first. It makes it easier to pick out the paper and embellishments.
2. Then pick out the pattern paper that had the same color and pattern as the photo.
3. Cut a piece of white cardstock and round the edges. Round the edges of the photo as well.
5. To add texture to the page and tie in the theme, use a sewing machine to add stitching to the photo and the white cardstock.
6. Adhere the panel to the right side of the layout.
7. Use the sticker in the Altenew Reflections Scrapbook Collection kit to add the title of the layout.
8. Add some enamel dots under the panel to add more layers.
9. For the journaling, type the text, print and size it for the layout.
10. Adhere it under the photos panel using tape.
Clean and simple layout!! What do you think? Would you consider creating a layout where the patterns on the paper match the patterns in your photos?
Thanks for stopping by!