Hello and welcome to the first Sketch Challenge in 2018!
I loved re-interpreting a layout that I created in 2017. Here is this month’s sketch:
The ‘older’ layout:
And here is today’s layout:
To create the layout, follow these steps:
- First, cut a white cardstock (size 8.5 x 11″).
- Second, stamp onto the white cardstock with the large scissors stamp and black ink.
- Next, add a sheet of vellum paper onto the white cardstock. Use glue in the center to glue down the vellum onto the cardstock. The glue won’t be visible once you’ve added the photo.
- Furthermore, cut two frames and a rectangle shape from a paper. And place these elements underneath the photo.
- Then, stamp different items and sentiments from the stamp set onto white cardstock. In addition, you might like to color some of the elements with watercolors.
- Finally, glue down the elements and the title onto the vellum paper.
- You can also add a nice detail by wrapping some sewing thread around one of the spools.
- You’re done! 🙂
Create a scrapbook layout, a documenter spread, a notebook pocket spread or any other project based on the sketch above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used.
- Make sure to use our challenge image above in your blog post.
- Include a link back to the Altenew Sketch Challenge post.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog.
- You may enter as many times as you wish!
- Challenge ends on 3/31/2018 at 11:55 PM EST.
After the challenge closes, FOUR WINNERS will be selected. Each will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com. Winners will be announced on 4/08/2018. If there are less than 12 entries to the challenge, no winners will be chosen.
Wait, there is more!
If you use #AltenewSketch when you share your challenge entry on social media, you are entered to win a $15 gift certificate to our online store.