Hello, Altenew fans! Terhi here!
Time to get some scrappy time for everyone as we're having the best inspiration you can imagine – a new sketch along with a color scheme. I'm proud to be hosting the 10th Sketch Challenge in Altenew history and I chose this quite new layout to inspire you.
This layout was published on the Altenew Scrapbook blog in March – check it out here. As soon as I saw the sketch, I wanted to play with it differently: turn a four–photo layout to a one–photo layout!
Using the Rose Flurries 3D Die Set, along with thick watercolor paper, I created lots of dimensional roses – aren't they just gorgeous!? With the biggest roses, I replaced some spots that were meant for photos in the sketch and I still kept the design going from the bottom left to the upper right corner.
If you feel like creating this kind of watercolored 3D blooms would be something you'd like to try too, my personal recommendation is to first paint the watercolor paper with your favorite watercolors and then cut the flowers and leaves out. My first trial was made the opposite way; first, I cut tons of floral shapes and then I started to play with watercolors. Tiny wet papers are not that easy to handle.
The wooden buttons are from Reflection Scrapbook Collection and the enamel dots and the piece of patterned paper behind the photo are from Our Family Scrapbook Collection. Other than that, it's all watercolors and watercolor paper!
Hope you are inspired by my layouts and find some time to play along!
Create a scrapbook layout, a documenter spread, a notebook pocket spread or any other project based on the sketch above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used
- Make sure to use our challenge image above on your blog post
- Include a link back to the Altenew Sketch Challenge post.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog
- Don’t have a blog? No worries! You may simply post it on Instagram, along with the challenge graphic above, use #AltenewSketch and, of course, tag @altenewllc. Don’t forget to add a link your Instagram post by clicking on the button below.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- Challenge ends on 07/31/2018 at 11:55 PM EDT.
After the challenge ends, FOUR WINNERS will be selected IF, and ONLY IF, we receive at least 10 entries. If there are less than 10 entries, we will only choose TWO winners.
Each winner will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com. Winners will be announced on 08/11/2018.
Wait, there is more! If you use #AltenewSketch when you share your challenge entry on social media, you are also entered to win a $15 gift certificate to our online store.
Good luck everyone and happy sketching!