Welcome to the July 2018 Stencil Release Blog Hop and giveaway. If you have hopped over from Heather Hoffman‘s blog, then you are right on track.
Today's release is centered around our new stencils. When I received them I knew I wanted to create an art journal page.
- Use a stencil to create a background. I used the Elegant Swirls Stencil combined with the bright and fun Pocketful of Sunshine ink set.
- To add contrast and detail, I used the Feeling Dotty Stencil and some grey ink.
- For the flowers, I used the Happy Bloom Stamp Set and colored them with the Artist Markers.
- Text stamps are a great element on an art journal page. I used some from the Wings of Hope Stamp Set.
- A couple of scribbles, leaves, and butterflies add movement.
You can see how the layout came together in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
For my next layout, I used the Flowing Drops Stencil. For the ink colors, I picked the Sweet Dreams ink set. I kept it simple by adding stars: white ones with some spots made with the Feeling Dotty Stencil. Some hearts and arrows add movement and guide the eye over the layout.
To make the elements pop off the page, I doodled lines around the stars and the added an outline around the stenciled image.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or here on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog by Thursday, July 12th, for a chance to win. Six winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on 7/15/2018.
Which stencil has caught your eye?
Here is the full blog hop list. Enjoy the hop and don't forget to comment on our designers' and guest designers' blogs as some of them are also giving away prizes.
Your next stop is:
FULL BLOG HOP LIST
Altenew Card Blog
Altenew Scrapbook Blog
May Sukyong Park
Simon Says Stamp Blog