Hello and welcome to the September 2018 Washi Release Blog Hop and Giveaway. If you have arrived here from Amy Tangerine‘s blog, then you are right on track.
Today, I will share two layouts here on the Scrapbook blog that I created with the new washi tapes from Altenew. I got to see them in June and have been anxiously waiting for them to arrive. I love them all. There are so many possibilities to create with them and they are simply beautiful.
For my first layout, I used the Gilded Ombre and Glitter Flurries washi tapes.
- Take a piece of smooth thin cardstock and stick a strip of Glitter Flurries washi tape to it.
- Grab a cup of coffee or tea, watch your favorite series, and start fussy cutting lots of flowers.
- Once all the flowers are cut, take a patterned paper of your choice. I went with this lovely striped patterned paper from the Reflection Scrapbook Collection and added a strip of Gilded Ombre to the center. I also added two tiny strips of Golden Edge washi tape.
- Place the photo and assemble the flowers around it.
- Add some elements floating in a diagonal line.
- Stamp a title or use alpha stickers. I opted to use the Block Alpha Stamp and Die Set and used the same colors as the washi tape.
- Add some stamped sentiments. The ones on my layout are from the Say Cheese Stamp set.
- To finish off, I punched out some butterflies from the Gilded Ombre Washi Tape.
You can see how I created the layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
For my second layout, I played with the Rainbow Stripes and the Painted Fantasy washi tapes. I love the bright colors and I can't help but use flowers on everything (even layouts about my boys).
- Add strips of the Rainbow Stripes washi tape to some smooth white cardstock.
- Cut out heart shapes using the Halftone Hearts Nesting Die Set.
- Cut out flowers from the Painted Fantasy washi tape.
- Arrange your hearts, flowers, and photo on some white cardstock until you are happy with the design.
- Adhere the elements to your page. For more interest and dimension, I used foam dots. This also makes it easy to layer the flowers under the hearts.
- Stamp a title. I did some ombre stamping using the Gradient Sunset Stamp Set.
I LOVED creating with the washi tapes and I've created many more projects which are on my blog.
No blog hop is complete without PRIZES:
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or here on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 10/3/2018 for a chance to win. Six winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs, three on the Card Blog and three on the Scrapbook blog, on 10/6/2018.
Which washi tape has stolen your heart? I have several. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment.
Your next stop is the talented Vicky Papaioannou.
Have a lovely day and happy crafting.
Full Blog Hop List