Welcome to our November 2018 Stencils and Ink Sprays Release Blog Hop!
This is your second stop on our November 2018 Release Blog Hop. You can start the hop over on the Altenew Card Blog.
For today's hop, I created 4 projects. Two will be shown here and the two remaining projects are on my personal blog.
Out of all the products, I was most interested in trying the Floral Mandala Stencil. It is so pretty and intricate, perfect for a background. I really love the size of this stencil – it is great for scrapbooking.
This layout was a by-product of another layout I created with the stencil. I wanted to mist a patterned paper and was left with a stencil which had a lot of ink spray on it. But I didn't want it to go to waste so I added some water and turned it over onto some white cardstock.
- Once you have created your first background with the stencil, mist it with some water.
- Flip over the stencil and place it onto some white watercolor paper.
- Take the center part of the Floral Mandala Stencil, add some Cosmic Berry Ink Spray and flipped it over onto the cardstock. Add extra water and repeat the process.
- Once the ink is set, add some stamped flowers to add detail. I went with the Life is Awesome Stamp Set. I thought the flower images would work well with my watercolor blotches.
- Next, I opted to use some flowers cut-out from the Painted Fantasy Washi Tape.
- Add a title and some sentiments/journaling. (I used the Simple Flowers and the Moments in Time Stamp Sets).
You can see how the layout came together in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
For my second layout, I used the Flowing Hearts Stencil. I decided to use it to add some dry embossing.
To emboss, take your stencil and place it on the cardstock of your choice. Pop it between two embossing plates and run it through your embossing/die-cut machine. I added a second layer of cardstock just to make the impression a little more visible. I created two hearts this way. One in some Gold Mirror Paper and a second using White Woodgrain Paper.
For the gold heart, I used the Flowing Hearts Stencil and for the white one, I went with the Beveled Squares Stencil. I used my Halftone Hearts Nesting Die Set to cut out the hearts in two different sizes and I created the rest of the layout around them.
Some cut-out flowers from a patterned paper, stickers from the Reflection Scrapbook Collection and papers from the Celebrate You Kit are some of the other elements on this layout.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or here on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 12/3/2018 for a chance to win. SIX winners will be announced on both blogs, three on the Card Blog and three on the Scrapbook blog, on 12/7/2018.
On to the next inspiration source which is Kristina Pokazanieva. Have fun hopping!
BLOG HOP LIST
Altenew Card Blog
Altenew Scrapbook Blog