Welcome to our December 2018 Stamps/Dies/Paper Packs Release Blog Hop! If you have hopped over from Reiko Tsuchida‘s blog then you are right on track.
Today's release is super duper fun. My favorite from this release must be the paper. When I started scrapbooking, I used to love buying and using patterned paper. The first 6×6 paper pack which caught my attention was the Verdant Walk Paper Pack. I just layered lots of papers trying to use as many patterns as possible because they are ALL SO PRETTY.
I created a diagonal design with a centerpiece and two repeated corner elements. For extra flow, I added some Mountain Mist Ink Spray splatters.
The new Butterfly Acetate Die Cuts fits in perfectly with the colors of the papers. For my title, I simply used a word from the new Sweet Hearts Adhesive Wood Veneers.
For extra interest, I did do a little bit of fussy cutting for the upper corner elements. Some journaling finishes the layout.
For my next layout, I used the Nature Snippets Stamp Set and paired it with the Mega Love Die.
- Create a background using the oval stamps. Don't be afraid to mix colors. I went for grays, pinks, and soft turquoise colors.
- Add a splash of color with the bright pink paper from the Pastel Dreams Paper Pack and some butterfly stickers from the Watercolor Butterfly Cardstock Stickers sheet.
- A couple of stamped sentiments break up the round shapes and guide the eye over the photo.
- Stamp the word LOVE with the Mega Greetings 3 Stamp Set and cut it out with the coordinating die. I opted to go with an ombre look.
- Place it vertically to add interest.
You can see how the layout came together in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or here on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 12/18/2018 for a chance to win. SIX winners will be announced on both blogs, three on the Card Blog and three on the Scrapbook blog, on 12/22/2018.
So, what do you like most?
Your next stop is: Vicky Papaioannou
Thank you so much for stopping by and see you soon.
Altenew Card Blog <–You are here!