Hello, Altenew fans!
It’s Enza and I am excited to be hosting Altenew's Sketch Challenge #13, the first of the new year!
The sketch I made is based on one of my favorite layouts, which features the Frosted Garden Stamp Set; you can find it here.
I followed the sketch pretty closely. Other than the variation in color, the design is pretty much the same as my previous layout.
The Build-A-Flower: Cattleya Stamp Set was perfect to create my background and wreath elements. The colors are brighter and more intense here, and the rainbow effect is given by the combination of different shades found in the beautiful layers. Here are the Altenew Crisp Dye Inks I used:
- coral: Peach Perfect, Coral Bliss, Heart Beat
- pink: Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Cosmic Berry
- purple: Wisteria, Hydrangea, Andromeda
- teal: Dew Drops, Aqualicious, Teal Cave
- green: Firefly, Grass Field, Shadow Creek, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades.
As in the original layout, I created a circular opening in the middle by tracing a round shape onto my paper as a guide for the stamping. With the help of a stamping block, I stamped the outline of the cattleya all around the circle, making sure to vary the direction of the images for a more natural look. Once that was ready, I adhered the flowers down with foam dots.
I layered patterned paper from the Pastel Dreams Paper Pack behind the photo and used the green cattleyas to create an extra layer and bring in more color. The beautiful butterflies from the Butterfly Acetate Die Cuts pack give a romantic touch to the page, while the “sweet” wood veneer sentiment worked perfectly as my title – I colored it with Pinkalicious Crisp Dye Ink.
Enamel dots in coordinating colors finished the page.
Hope you have fun playing along!
Create a scrapbook layout, a documenter spread, a notebook pocket spread or any other project based on the sketch above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used.
- Make sure to use our challenge image above on your blog post.
- Include a link back to the Altenew Sketch Challenge post.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog.
- Don’t have a blog? No worries! You may simply post it on Instagram, along with the challenge graphic above, use #AltenewSketch and, of course, tag @altenewllc. Don’t forget to add a link to your Instagram post by clicking on the button below.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- Challenge ends on February 28th, 2019 at 11:55 PM EDT.
After the challenge ends, FOUR WINNERS will be selected IF, and ONLY IF, we receive at least 10 entries. If there are less than 10 entries, we will only choose TWO winners.
Each winner will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com. Winners will be announced on March 10th, 2019.
Wait, there is more! If you use #AltenewSketch when you share your challenge entry on social media, you are also entered to win a $15 gift certificate to our online store.
Feel free to use the banner above and let everyone know that you are participating in our Sketch Challenge!
Good luck everyone and happy sketching!