Hello, Altenew friends! Welcome to our March 2019 Stamp/Die/Mask Stencil Release Blog Hop! If you have hopped over from Emily Midgett‘s blog then you are right on track. You can start the blog hop over on the Altenew Card Blog.
All the products in the release are stunning and it is so hard to choose which ones to play with. I decided to work with the Book Club Stamp Set for my first project.
I love planning and have used planners for years. I have a couple I use at the same time and I love making my own planners in a journal. I also have personalized journals for school and for my DT assignments. They keep me on track. It was time to create a new intro page for a journal and the Book Club Stamp Set was perfect for that.
- Add a variety of watercolors to the background and let the paint dry.
- Stamp on the shape and add journaling and your name. It couldn't be any simpler than that.
For my next project, I used the One Day At A Time Stamp Set. This stamp is absolutely amazing and will let you create stunning marble effects.
- Measure out where you want the stamped squares to go and add guidelines to help with stamping.
- Choose inks colors that work together. I picked pink tones from the Spring Bouquet Oval Set and blues from the Lapis Lazuli Oval Set.
- Stamp two square images.
- Add your photo.
- Pick out some fun embellishments. Butterflies are my favorite so I used some butterfly stickers from the Watercolor Butterfly Cardstock Sticker Sheet.
- Stamp on some journaling or handwrite it.
I decided to use the sentiments from the One Day At A Time Stamp Set as they really embodied what I wanted to express. I also used a flower stamp from the Wallpaper Art Stamp Set. I stamped the outline over the marble effect image and used the coordinating die to cut it out.
You can see how the layout came together in HD on YouTube or watch it below:
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners!
We’ll also draw a winner to receive a $20 gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs – Card blog and Scrapbook blog – on 3/23/2019.
Your next stop on the hop is the incredible Vicky Papaioannou! Below is a complete list of the amazing designers/guests who are participating today:
Altenew Card Blog <— You are here!