Welcome to the April 2019 Stamp/Die/Stencil/Paper Pack Release Blog Hop. If you have hopped over from Vicky Papaioannou‘s blog, then you are right on track. You can start the blog hop on the Altenew Card Blog.
I was so excited to get this month's release and I wasn't disappointed. Not only were the stamps and dies AMAZING but the new paper packs are so pretty. I LOVE LOVE LOVE patterned paper so much and these are perfect.
For my first project, I used the Alluring Blooms 6×6 Paper Pack. I love the bright colors and the floral images in this pack.
I combined it with the Mandala Stencil and did a lot of fussy cutting.
- Pick different papers from the paper pack and cut out flowers with your scissors. I love doing this while I'm watching one of my favorite series or documentaries.
- Using the Floral Mandala Stencil, create a colorful background using a blending tool and crisp dye ink colors that match the cut out floral shapes.
- Layer the flowers and add your photo.
- Create the title. I cut out the word HELLO with the new Fancy Hello Die and wrote the word “summer” by hand. I then cut around it with my scissors.
- Add some enamels dots as a finishing touch, and for movement and flow, punch or cut out some butterflies from the leftover bits of patterned paper.
You can see how I created the layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment here on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 4/22/2019 for a chance to win.
We’ll also draw a winner to receive a $20 gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 5/4/2019.
I wanted to create a second project for today's release with the Weekend Doodles Stamp and Die Set. I decided to create a cute tiny mini book.
I stamped one of the images from the Weekend Doodles Stamp Set onto a patterned paper from the Summer Garden 6×6 Paper Pack and cut it out with its coordinating die.
For the inner pages, I added a patterned paper piece to the left-hand side a photo, journaling (stamped sentiment), or photo on the right-hand side.
If you would like a tutorial on how to create this cute little book, leave a comment in the comment section and I'll make a video for you.
Your next stop is the super talented: Irit Landgraf
Full Blog Hop List: