Hello everyone and welcome to the April 2019 Washi Tape and Embossing Paste Release Blog Hop and Giveaway. If you have hopped over from Zsoka Marko‘s blog then you are right on track.
Since Altenew has started making wide washi tapes, I have been hooked. It is a bit like patterned paper and it is super versatile. I used one of the new washi tapes on my layout below: TEAL SHADOW. What I love the most about this washi tape is that it can be combined with the Floral Shadow Die Set. This means you can cut out most of the floral images with the dies.
- Adhere the washi tape to smooth white cardstock and cut out the leaves with the Floral Shadow Coordinating Dies. Not all shapes have a die. I cut those out using my scissors.
- Take a sheet of white cardstock (I used Altenew's Woodgrain White 8.5″x11″ cardstock) and apply the embossing paste using the mask of your choice. For my layout, I used the Flowing Butterfly Stencil.
- Leave to dry.
- Place the leaves and flower elements in three clusters creating a visual triangle.
- Cut out a title using one of the Script Word Dies. Use a contrasting color to add detail.
- For flow, punch out or die cut some butterflies.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube:
Which washi tape has caught your eye?
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $30 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment here on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 5/1/2019 for a chance to win.
We’ll also draw a winner to receive a $15 gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs 5/4/2019.
Your next stop is: Svitlana Shayevich