Welcome to the June 2019 Stand-Alone Die Release from Altenew. If you have hopped over from Svitlana Shayevich‘s blog, you are right on track. You can also start the blog hop over on the Altenew Card Blog.
Dies are super versatile and are perfect for scrapbooking or cardmaking. For my first project, I used the Color Wheel Die. It is composed of two parts.
- Cut out the color wheel shape using both dies. You will get a very delicate cut-out shape.
- On some white smooth cardstock, create a soft blended array of colors using Altenew Crisp Dye Inks and an ink blender.
- Cut out a circular shape using the outer die.
- Adhere the detailed die-cut to the colored shape.
- Place this shape on a white background.
- Add hearts around the wheel coloring them in the same colors as used on the color wheel.
- Add your photo, a title, some journaling and a couple of ink splatters in the same tones.
You can see how I created the layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
For my card, I used the Star Flower Pop-Up Die.
- Pick out some fun patterned paper you like and place the flower and leaf dies from the Star Flower Pop-Up Die onto the paper.
- Run the dies through your die-cut machine.
- Pop up the flowers and leaves and place the paper onto a background.
- Add a sentiment and some doodled shapes.
For some extra detail, I cut out some shapes from the patterned paper I had chosen and added those to the card as well.
Which dies would you like to own? I know it will be difficult to choose as they are all stunning.
To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 6 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or Altenew Scrapbook Blog by 6/24/2019 for a chance to win.
We’ll also draw a winner to receive a $15 gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew blogs on 6/27/2019.
Below is a complete list of the amazing designers/guests who are participating today:
Your next stop is: Norine Borys
Altenew Card Blog <– You are here!