Stamp Focus: Antique Roses

by Reiko Tsuchida

Hello and welcome to a new Stamp Focus post featuring the Antique Roses Stamp Set. Reiko here today, and I will be showing you how I created three projects – a 12-inch scrapbook layout, a DIY tag, and a journal book page.

Let’s take a look at my 12″ layout:

For all of my projects, I used the same technique on white cardstock and old book page. Let me explain how I created the “antique” look.

First, I mixed the Milk Chocolate Crisp Dye Ink and white acrylic paint to make slightly different tones of mocha color.

Then, I applied paint on the Antique Roses Stamp Set – I used 3 layers from the set.

When I was working on an old book page, the paper was peeled off a little.

Let’s take a look at the DIY tag and journal page that I’ve created!

I have decorated another page of my journal. I am really happy that I can fill each page with Altenew’s beautiful new stamp sets every month! It will be so much fun going through the pages that showcase these Altenew stamps.

Thank you for stopping by today and taking a look at my projects. I hope I have given you some new ideas on how to use the Antique Roses Stamp Set. Have fun creating today!

~SUPPLY LIST~

12×12 White Cardstock (10 sheet/set)…
[ ALTN ]
Altenew Monochrome Washi Tape
[ ALTN ]
Altenew Sweet Friend Die
[ ALTN ]
Welcome Home Die Set — Altenew
[ ALTN ]
Milk Chocolate Crisp Dye Ink
[ ALTN ]
Antique Roses Stamp Set — Altenew
[ ALTN ]

You may also like

6 comments

gwen ziegler August 19, 2019 - 6:05 pm

Nice ! I never knew ink and acrylic paint would work together. I noticed you used die ink, will alcohol ink also work? Do you have more examples… I like the results.Thanks :). gwen

Reiko Tsuchida August 22, 2019 - 2:00 am

Thank you so much, Gwen. My another favorite is mixing clear glue and die ink together. You will see the die ink changes it’s color and turns more vivid. Unfortunately, I don’t have any alcohol ink since it is prohibited to import them by the law.
You can visit my blog to take a look at clear glue result here: (Pinkalcious and any kind of clear glue)

I hope to show you more of them! next time.

Marie C. Tartaglia August 19, 2019 - 6:30 pm

Hi, I would like to watch the 3 free videos, all of which I signed up for. I went to Altenew Academy but couldn’t figure it out. The most recent one i just put in my cart on Friday with my order. If you could please email me with directions, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Reiko Tsuchida August 22, 2019 - 2:02 am

Hi Marie,
I will let Altenew stuffs know your concerns. Please waite.

Tricia A Podmore August 20, 2019 - 7:11 pm

Just WOW, don’t know what else I can say on awesomeness!!

Reiko Tsuchida August 22, 2019 - 2:06 am

Happy to hear your warm and kind comment! Thank you so much.