Welcome to another day of inspiration on the Altenew Scrapbook Blog. Today, I'll be sharing a layout I created using the Floral Drape Stencil. This larger-sized stencil is perfect for scrapbooking but it can also be used on your cards to create stunning backgrounds.
Before starting on my background, I picked out the color combination I wanted to use. On a Facebook Live, I combined pink and gold and thought it would be fun to use that combo again.
- Place the stencil on the left-hand side of your background paper and blend in your ink colors, starting with the lightest.
- Add stickers from the Live Your Dream Clear Sticker Sheet.
- On some cardstock, tap the Antique Gold Pigment Ink Pad until you have good coverage.
- Cut out butterflies (Mix and Match Mariposa Die Set) from the gold paper you created.
- Add some pink butterflies and enamel dots.
- Cut the title using the Script Words 2 Die Set.
- Assemble the layout, placing the photo under various layers of patterned paper.
- Add journaling and some doodled leaves.
I love the contrast between the gold and the pink and think this would work well with other colors too: teal and gold, orange and gold, or try a luscious dark green and gold.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
This stencil is such a fun product to use, so give it try. Thank you for stopping by and happy scrapping.
Gorgeous lay out Lilith, I love your use of colour.
Thank you so much for sharing your inspriation.