Hello again! Jen Schow here to share a fun Christmas layout using a bunch of spring-y products.
I wanted to create a fun backdrop for this silly photo of my daughter, but I don’t have a lot of Christmas stamps. So, I put my thinking cap on and a floral wreath in reds, greens and a touch of ice blue was born!
The Peaceful Reverie Stamp & Die Set, the Rose Spray Stamp & Die Set, the A Study in Watercolor Stamp & Die Set, and the Spring Shower Cover Die worked well together here. I would absolutely encourage you to see what you have and get creative!
The layout started with a simple wreath, but as I was layering all the leaves and flowers I decided to take them all the way to the edges.
Putting this together was definitely a labor of love, but it was so fun! And I have a few tips for creating a visually well-balanced look.
- Start with a color scheme. Choose some colors and include a few different shades of each. You will get a more interesting look if you choose several inks. I used Crimson, Ruby Red, Grapevine, Plum, Firebrick, Evergreen, Misty Morning, Cloudy Sky, Nimbus, Butternut, and Pumpkin Pie Crisp Dye Inks.
- If you don’t have a ton of ink colors, you can stamp multiple times to get a darker color. For a lighter color, stamp off on a scratch piece of paper before stamping (I call this 2nd Generation Stamping). This will expand your color range!
- Try stamping on colored cardstock – it gives a totally different look!
- To achieve balance, be sure to spread out your colors and shapes. Try to avoid clumping all of one color together – unless that’s the look you’re going for. No Rules!
- Consider adding in a pop of black, white, or metallic. I cut the Spring Shower Cover Die out of Gold Mirror Cardstock and I love the pop of shine it adds.
After I finished my holiday masterpiece (*wink, wink*), the rest was simple. I used the Tall Alpha Die Set + Gold Mirror Cardstock for my title. Then I added some journaling and a few Live Your Dream Wood Epoxy Buttons.
You can watch it all come together in the process video below, or watch it in HD over on the Altenew YouTube channel.
Here’s another look at the finished layout:
I hope you’re inspired to try using your floral stamps and dies for a holiday layout or card soon!