Happy February! I really can't believe we are in February already. I don't mind because I'm not a fan of the winter, so the faster these cold months fly by, the better for me! LOL.
I'm here today to share a small pouch that I made out of a pair of jean pockets. I'm going to show you that stamping on jeans can be a lot of fun and cute.
Take a look at my jeans pouch:
How many of you have jeans that do not fit anymore? Those jeans are perfect for this project. My daughter spilled something on her jeans and no matter how many times I washed them, the stain would not go away.
So, I decided to make her a jeans pocket pouch. The fun in making this pouch was stamping this phenomenal sentiment. It's a part of the new Build-A-Flower: Begonia Stamp Set. Every time she opens the bag, she will see this fantastic sentiment.
Here's how to create this stamped jeans pouch:
- Cut out the two back pockets of the jeans.
- Merge the edges.
- Sew one side of the zipper tape to the pocket, right sides together.
- Sew the other side of the zipper tape to the additional pocket.
- Pin the pocket together right sides together. Make sure to open the zipper a little bit so that you can turn it inside out.
- Sew around the entire pouch, backstitch at the beginning and end.
- Turn it inside out.
- Add charms to the zipper pull.
- Use fabric ink and stamp the sentiment right in the middle of the pocket.
Let's take another look:
This pouch has three pockets. Two outer pockets and the zipper pocket.
So, what do you think about this jeans pocket pouch? Will you create your own fabric jeans pouch? I would love to hear from you!