Hello everyone! Kymona here with a fun DIY project using a new stamp set from Altenew – Just Jasmine – to create a genuine leather key chain.
This activity is perfect for our current stay at home order. You can make a bunch of them in one sitting. This would be fun for children to help with as well.
This stamp set has a beautiful flower, but my favorite is the sentiments. It has five different sentiments for a variety of occasions. This project shows you have to use the sentiment stamps differently.
Yes, genuine leather keychains all with a beautiful sentiment. Creating these was easy and fun.
Here's how to create these:
- Cut a piece of leather to 3″ by 12″.
- Place it on a Cricut purple mat leather side down.
- Create (3) 2.5″ circle in the Cricut design space.
- Set the machine to cut the circles.
- Once the circles are cut out, it's time to do some stamping.
- With fabric ink, stamp the sentiment on the leather. Press evenly.
- Next, use an eyelet and snap punch tool to punch a hole in the leather and attach a metal eyelet. Do not press the punch tool too hard so that you don't break the eyelet on the back.
- Now it's time to add the keyring and charms.
Creating these key chains are perfect for gifts, wedding favors, teacher gifts, or yourself.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Would you make a DIY keychain for your next project? I would love to hear your thoughts. If you would like to see another project using fabric that I created, click here.