Hello, Altenew fans.
Welcome to today’s blog post featuring the Bird of Paradise Stamp Set. This set is perfect to create some fun summery projects. The large stamp set features 2 Birds of Paradise stems. Each of the stem images consists of a whopping 9 layers, providing so much depth and detail to your stamped images. This set is perfect to create some paradise-inspired projects.
My first project is a picture which I am going to put in a wooden frame.
- First, use the two Bird of Paradise stamps, and stamp then on the bottom part of the paper with some embossing ink.
- Next, add embossing powder. Gold will look amazing against the blues, greens, and oranges I picked for this project.
- Finally, melt the embossing powder and blend in color with a blending brush.
This simple project can be created in different colors and is perfect to add some subtle detail to any wall.
My second and third projects look similar color-wise but were created in different ways.
Let’s have a closer look at the card.
- First, stamp two Bird of Paradise flowers on the lower right hand corner.
- Next, use the layering stamps and stamp in the colors. I used the Golden Sunset Mini Cubes and popped in some blues (Lapis Lazuli Set) and greens (Green Valley).
- Then, pick a fun stencil and blend in some color. I opted for the Splatter Stencil.
- Finally, stamp a sentiment and add some detail like enamel dots.
Tip: Use a stamping tool for the layering. It will make it a lot easier to layer the tiny detailed images.
For my last project, I stamped the image several times over my cardstock, which I cut out to a size that would be perfect for a bookmark.
Instead of using the layering stamps, I colored the flowers with Altenew Artist Markers. (Artist Markers Set E & Artist Markers Glacier Caves Set). I added three dots here and there as well as a doodled border finish of the bookmark.
The text is created with sentiments from the Book Club Stamp Set.
Now, it is your turn. Get creative with this lovely set.
Happy scrapping and stay safe.