Hello, Altenew fans. It is Lilith here with some leafy inspiration using the Grape Leaves Stamp, Die and Mask Stencil Sets.
This set is so versatile and great for creating an array of projects. Today, I'll be sharing three projects I created. Two of the three were sketched out in my project book and the other was made from leftover bits and bobs. I love using up leftovers and not having to throw things out or hoard it.
My first project is an autumn-inspired layout.
- Using the Grape Leaves Stencil, create a cascade of leaves on some white cardstock. I used woodgrain cardstock to add some subtle detail and stenciled the leaves with the Warm And Cozy Ink Set.
- Cut out some leaf die cuts out of a patterned paper that matched the color combo you have chosen. I went with orange and purple and chose a striped paper from the Fuchsia Soiree Paper Pack.
- Assemble your layout with layers of paper and a photo.
- Add a title and some journaling.
- Pop on some final touches like enamel dots.
I had the idea for this card because I had a leftover piece of white cardstock which I had cut some leaf shapes from another. project. I used the leaf dies to die cut some leaves over the edges of the cardstock. Then I took a second piece of cardstock and created a colorful background using the Warm and Cozy and Lapis Lazuli Crisp Inks. Once the background was fully blended, I placed the die-cut cardstock on top.
This card is very simple but the bright colors make it stand out. For my title, I opted to use a die-cut sentiment from the Essential Sentiment Strips Die Set. The black pops off the card and is very eye-catching. Enamel dots add a hint of detail.
The last card came about because I had a strip of striped patterned paper lying on my desk and next to it a leftover orange striped leaf die cut. They look so good together that I popped them on a white card base, added some washi tape from the Sweet Dreams Washi Tape Set and added a sentiment strip from my bits and bobs bowl.
This card came together in 5 minutes. I think it is my favorite project from this crafting session. Quick, colorful and easy, just the way I like it.
You can see how I created the three projects in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
How do you plan your projects? Are you ever inspired by those leftover pieces on your desk? I'd love to know!
Thank you for stopping by and see you soon.