Christmas is just around the corner. I love this festive period and always snap a lot of family pictures. I try to make a Christmas album each year and plan my cover in advance. For this year’s album, I was inspired by the Perfect Poinsettias Embossing Folder from Altenew.
I love the traditional Christmas colors green and red but went with a little color variation going towards a more peachy red and teal. The ink colors I used Rouge, Pink Pearl, Evergreen, and Galatic Stream Crisp Ink.
- Cut out one piece of white cardstock to fit the 3d embossing folder. Emboss the image following the instructions of your die cut machine.
- Cut out two pieces of cardboard to the same size as your cover and cut out 3 pieces from patterned paper. I picked a paper from the Enjoy the Ride Collection which has a lovely rich dark green color.
- Blend in your ink colors with a blending tool. The small Altenew blending tools are perfect for this step.
- Add some gold touched with Metallic Watercolor paint from Altenew.
- Stamp the title of the album with embossing ink and add Enchanted Gold Embossing Powder. Heat set the powder and cut around the sentiment.
- Unravel some Enchanted Gold Metallic Thread add place it beneath the title. Using foam tape will help it pop off the cover.
- Glue the cover onto the cardboard and adhere the three other panels.
- Add some gold touches to the three remaining panels with patterned paper.
- Punch out holes and add your album rings.
Now all I have to do is take loads of pictures and pop them inside.
You can see how I created the album covers in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.