Hello everyone! Kymona here with a project inspiration using a brand new stamp set: Tall Alpha Lowercase!
This stamp set makes a bold statement on any project. It’s slim enough to form longer words in a narrow space, which is always helpful for crafters.
Let’s take a look at how I used the Tall Alpha Lowercase stamp set:
Mini books are fun and easy to carry around in your bag for quick notes. I love how the sentiment on the front of these books stand out.
Altenew Tall Alpha Lowercase Stamp Set
Obsidian Pigment Ink
Here’s how to create a mini-book of your own:
- Cut 7 pieces of cardstock to 5 inches by 7 inches (for the small) and 9 inches by 4.5 inches (for the bigger one).
- Fold in half.
- Use a hole puncher to punch 3 holes on the centerfold, 1.25 inches apart from one another.
- For perfect alignment, use a MISTI to stamp the letters all at once before binding the book.
- Place the book cover into the MISTI, place the stamps where you want them to appear. Cover the cover making sure the stamps are all aligned. Add ink to the stamps and stamp.
- Now it’s time to bind the book. Use ribbon, twine, or elastic to bind the pages together.
- Slide the elastic into the middle hole from inside the book about 1.5 inches. Hold it in place with a finger.
- The opposite end slides the elastic into the right hole from inside the book, bringing it back down into the left hole.
- Now bring that end back up through the middle hole; you might have to give it a bit of a push if your holes are small.
- Ensure both ends of the elastic are on either side of the long elastic piece to sandwich it when you make the knot to tie it off.
- Add your stickers or leave it simple.
This is such a quick and easy way to wipe up some notebooks for teachers and others’ go or gifts.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Would you make a couple of mini-notebooks for others, especially for Valentine’s day coming up? I would love to hear your thoughts.