Hello, Altenew fans, and welcome to another blog post filled with inspiration. While I was working on some upcoming projects, an idea popped up using vellum. I love adding vellum to my projects because it is translucent and can soften elements. Vellum can be bought in different colors, but I only have traditional vellum so I decided to add color to my vellum paper.
Stamping on vellum can be very tricky as the ink will not hold onto the surface, but Altenew Artist Markers are perfect for adding color to this medium.
- Pick out a patterned paper from the Celebrate Collection (collaboration with Pink Fresh).
- Cut a sheet of 8.5 by 11-inch vellum in half and stamp the large bloom from the Courageous You Stamp Set on the vellum with Permanent Black Crisp Dye Ink. Leave to dry.
- Turn the vellum over so that the stamped image is facing down. Add color to the stamped images using your Artist Markers. I used the new Sunshine Valley Garden Artist Marker Set. Leave to dry.
- Pull out patterned papers and embellishments that match the color combo of the flowers and leaves from the colored stamp. Create extra embellishments if needed. I colored white cardstock with the Artist Markers used for the flowers and leaves and cut out hearts using the Halftone Hearts Nesting Die Set.
- Place your photo onto a layer of patterned papers and position your embellishments and stamped floral images.
- Add a title and some journaling.
I love how vibrant the colors look on the vellum but that you can still see the background elements softly shining though. The Artist Markers dry in a special way on vellum, giving it nearly a stained glass look. I will be using this technique again as it is really fun and easy to do.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.