Have you ever wondered how to use Altenew's Simple Coloring Stencils on layouts? Wonder no longer. Join me today and see how I create a fun and easy layout with the Flower Bunch Simple Coloring Stencil Set from Altenew.
Altenew's Coloring Stencils are a fun and easy way to add color, detail, and dimension to a project. I created this layout in 40 minutes as the coloring was super easy and I didn't have to cut anything out. Some chipboard embellishments from various Altenew Scrapbook collections create the title, and I added some handwritten journaling.
I used the following supplies:
- Flower Bunch Simple Coloring Stencil
- Tea Party Oval Set
- Green Fields Oval Set
- Chipboard elements from various Scrapbooking Collections.
- Pick a photo and position it on your background paper. Place some pencil lines to define the edges.
- Start with the first layer of the stencil which is the base for the leaves. Start with the lightest green color (Frayed Leaf).
- Place the second layer and add the second shade with your blending tool.
- Build up the flowers starting with the lightest shade and working your way towards the darkest. Check the layering guide if needed.
- Add your chipboard elements to create the title or use some sentiment stamps.
I created three stenciled parts but only used the entire stencil once. I always build up my layouts around clusters or stamped images that repeat themselves three times.
You can see how the layout came together in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
How would you use this set?