Welcome to another product focus blog post. Today, I will be sharing a couple of ideas on how to use embossing folders on a scrapbook layout.
Altenew 3D Embossing Folders are my new favorite product and I can't stop using them. I have created many cards but have been a bit hesitant to use them on my scrapbook layouts as I don't always know how to integrate them. I decided to have a go and pulled out two new 3D embossing folders:
- Enchanting Vines 3D Embossing Folder
- Scalloped Flowers 3D Embossing Folder
So how did I use these embossing folders on my layout? Well, I opted to use them as embellishments.
- Pull out some patterned paper and cut it to size: 6X6
- Place the paper in the Enchanting Vines 3D Embossing Folder and run it through a die cutting machine following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Cut out three circles. I used the Halftone Circles Die Set from Altenew.
- Cut out a piece of black cardstock (6X6). Place in the Scalloped Flowers 3D Embossing Folder. Apply Enchanted Gold Pigment Ink to the hillside of the embossing folder, close, and run through the die cutting machine.
- Fussy cut around the floral image.
- Put together the layout using the different elements. I added some decals from the Crafty Talk Small Decal Set. I also used some embellishments from the Live Your Dream Scrapbook Collection.
I love how the embossed black and gold image draws the eye towards the photo.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
How do you like to use your 3d Embossing Folders?
Thank you for stopping by and happy scrapping.