Hello, everyone! Kymona here to show you ink stamping on a leather journal cover.
2020 has taught us a lot about not taking things and people for granted. Now that the world is slowly opening up and people are leaving home more and more, we must stay safe and document everything we do. Keeping a journal is a great way to do that. Making it a photo journal is even better.
That is why I created a journal out of leather and stamped simple sentiments on the cover.
Let's take a look at my leather journal cover:
Look at the close-up of this journal cover. The stamping is crisp with the correct ink: no smudge, no running, and no stray ink marks.
Here's how to stamp on a leather journal cover:
Creating this is easy as one-two-three:
- Cut the leather to12.75 inches by 8.5 inches.
- Round the corners using a leather round punch.
- Punch 4 holes in the seam of the leather.
- Place the leather in the bed of the Memory MISTI.
- Place the sentiments where you want them to stamp out.
- Add black ink and stamp.
- Repeat stamp until you like the impression.
- Use a heat tool to set the ink.
- Add the cording and notebook.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Will you try stamping on leather? I would love to hear your thoughts. If you would like to see another project I created, click here.