Hello, Altenew fans. Lilith here with another blog post with some fun ideas on how to use Altenew's 3D Embossing Folders on a scrapbook layout.
I love 3D embossing folders and use them a lot when creating cards but a lot less on my layouts. When I saw the folder in the Craft Your Life Seasonal Blooms kit I new I had to use it on a layout.
- Pick out the embossing folder of your choice and some cardstock. Use simple cardstock or patterned paper.
- Run it through the machine.
- Cut off the edges for a neat finish.
- With a blending brush and some ink (I used a colour similar to the patterned paper I was using), blend the colour over the image to make it stand out.
- Put together layout. I used paper and die-cuts from Altenew Wildflower Collection.
With this embossing folder design, I opted to cut around my photo as it fits perfectly in the centre of the image. The die-cuts from the Wildflower collection are ready to use and make layering super easy.
Watch how I created the layout below or in HD on YouTube.
How do you like to use 3D embossing folders?
Have a wonderful week and happy scrapping.