Hello, Altenew fans. Are you ready for a new day filled with inspiration?
Watercoloring is probably my favorite technique. It is such a relaxing thing to do. My favorite designs to water are floral images. I especially adore freehand watercolored florals however I do struggle with this technique so I decided to use stamps to help me. Curious how I created this layout below? Let's have a closer look.
- Take a floral stamp that has different layers. I used Floral Extravaganza Stamp Set. The first or second layers of the flowers are perfect for this technique.
- Pick out some fun Watercolor Brush Markers. (My picks: Lime, Turquoise, Just Green, Crimson, Mango Smoothie, Sunkissed, and Ruby Red).
- Apply color onto the stamp and spray some water on top.
- Place the stamp on some watercolor paper. Leave for a while so the water can seep in.
- Repeat several times and don't forget to add some leaf images.
- Once the images are dry add doodled details.
- Create your layout.
The design of the layout is very simple as the floral bouquet is a statement by itself. It matches the bright colors of my photo perfectly.
The title is composed of a stamped word using Modern Alphabet Stamp Set and my handwriting. Super easy and fun.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
Do you ever use your stamps to watercolor? I hope you give it a try.