Hello, lovelies! Are how you all doing? It is me, Lilith, popping in with some scrapbooking inspiration featuring large 3D embossed flowers.
During my Christmas vacation, I had some time to tidy up my scrapbook nook and while organizing I came across some products I hadn't played with a lot. One of these products was the Rosy 3D Embossing Folder.
It is one of those folders I find gorgeous but I have a hard time using them because the image is so large. This is what I came up with.
How to Create 3D Embossed Flowers on a Layout
- Emboss two images onto some white cardstock.
- Pick a color for your flower. I went with pinks from the Spring Bouquet Dye Ink Set.
- Using a blending tool (I opted for the Ink Blending Tool Small Set of 4), add color to the flowers. I made sure one was a little darker.
- With your favorite scissors, cut out around the edges.
- Layer your flowers with some die-cuts from the Enjoy the Ride Ephemera Kits. As a backdrop, I used a patterned paper from the Reflection Scrapbook Collection. I layered my roses on top of the flower leaving the painted leaves peaking out.
- Add a title and some finishing touches.
When using larger elements on a card or layout keep the rest simple and add some contrasting pieces. My flowers are very bright but so is the photo. The pink makes the blue pop and the photo take center stage. Add smaller details to soften the look.
I really love the simplicity of the design and its bold colors. How do you incorporate larger designs into your projects? For more inspiration using florals on a scrapbook layout check out my post here.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy scrapping!