Hello Altenew Fans. Join me, Lilith, today and discover how I created a simple scrapbook layout with gray elements using the Craft Your Life Feathered Lilies Set. This look can easily be translated using other colours and you will only need two or three ink colours.
Let's have a look at the card which I used as inspiration.
- Stamp the Feather Lilies image in black onto some white cardstock.
- Use the stencil and blend in different shades of gray. I used the Gentleman's Gray Ink Set. I used three colours from the Set, the first three shades.
- Cut out the image with the coordinating die.
- Place onto a piece of cardstock. I used some card from cards I use for writing notes on. The checked background adds a fun touch.
- Add a sentiment of your choice.
I love the variations in gray created by the stencil.
- You can also use one shade of ink and build up the colour more and more with each stencil.
For the layout I used the same techniques as for the card. I went with a light purple cardstock (Winter Clouds Cardstock) as background and stamped the image twice at the bottom of the cardstock.
I added a leftover Sunburst Doily Die Cut created with the Hot Foil Plate and also butterflies from the Watercolor Butterfly Sticker Sheet. The final touches are some enamel dots and for my title I stamped a sentiment from the Friends Forever Stamp Set.
You don't need a whole lot of elements on a layout. A simple stamped background and a couple of embellishments are more than enougjt.
Check out this blog post for more inspiration using purple tones.
I hope you will pull out your gray colours and create some fabulous projects.