Hi there everyone! We have another exciting post for you today as we welcome Nancy Souza to the blog as our April Guest Designer! Nancy is a Certified Altenew Educator and has been crafting for a very long time! Today, she will teach you how to make a Mini Gift Bag! Let's hear it from Nancy.
Get to know Nancy
Hello! My favorite color is glitter! Of course, every project needs a bit of sparkle! I have been a card maker for a long time, and I'm always trying new techniques and repurposing stamps and supplies that I have. I can’t pass up pretty paper that I must add to my collection.
For this project, I used a single sheet of 12” x 12” scrapbook paper. Have you ever searched for just the perfect small gift bag and could not find one? This easy papercraft project will show you how to create a one-of-a-kind mini gift bag using one sheet of solid 12” x12” scrapbook paper.
I used a sheet of white 12” x12” paper to highlight the layered stenciling. These easy directions and photos will guide you through the steps to create a one-of-a-kind mini gift bag and coordinating tag. Happy crafting! Let’s get started!
Nancy's Mini Gift Bag
- Trim a piece of 12” x 12” to 9” x 12”
- Score the 9” side at 1 ½” and 7 ½.”
- Score the 12” side at ½,” 5”, 7” and 11 ½.”
- Fold all the score lines and lay the scored paper flat on the table. I folded mine in half.
- Cover or tape what will be the sides and top score of the bag to prepare for inking.
- Use the numbered layered stencils to ink these sections of the bag. These sections will be the front and back of the bag.
- When finished, fold all of the score lines using a bone folder for a crisp fold.
- Clip the small flaps that will create the sides of the bag which you will tape.
- Figure out where to add the tape to the inside to secure the folded edge before gluing all of the bag sides. I folded the side flaps so they both matched and folded towards the back of the bag.
- Fold the ½” score that will be the top of the bag to the inside and add tape to the inside to secure the folded edge.
- Pinch the sides to create a creased side.
- Punch two holes to the top of the bag for the front and back to thread and knot the ribbon to the front and back of the bag (see photo).
- Die cut a small rounded corner tag with a small punched hole for the twine.
- Create a flower stem using the layered Blobby Roses Stencil and die cut. Adhere/glue to the mini tag and tie to the ribbon handle. Add a piece of glitter gold washi tape at the bottom edge of the front of the bag. Add some liquid glue if needed.
Wow! That turned out so pretty! A DIY mini gift bag everyone! Thank you so much, Nancy, for sharing this beautiful mini gift bag tutorial with us, which in itself looks like a gift! We absolutely LOVE it! And of course, you used our favorite, Blobby Roses Stencil too! That cute tag looks perfect! We hope to see you here again soon! I know you have more projects to share with us.