Welcome, Altenew fans! Today, I'm sharing how to create fun (and quick) projects using just one washi tape!
Over the last couple of months, I have crafted less but it is slowly coming back: the urge to craft. One thing I have noticed is my wish to keep things simple. I have always loved simple layouts with some layering — but not too much. I am finding more and more joy in crafting simply.
Today, I will share a layout (and a bonus card!) that I created with one product, the Geo Rainbow Wide Washi Tape.
How to Create 2 Projects with Just 1 Washi Tape:
- Place a piece of the washi tape onto some white cardstock. I placed it over an 8.5″ by 11″ piece of cardstock and stuck down the washi over the whole 11″ inch width.
- Cut out a piece that is around 5″.
- With a pair of scissors, cut out the squares from the remaining piece of washi.
- Place the larger section on some white cardstock and add the photo.
- Place the tiny squares randomly in the bottom and top sections.
- Add a title (I had a leftover wood veneer piece from years ago) and some tiny details. I added enamel dots and some dots with Artist Markers.
As I had lots of little squares left over, I created a quick card.
I layered them into a cluster and added a sentiment on top. The colorful squares on the navy blue cardstock really pop out.
TIP! If you want, you could add some enamel dots or sequins for the extra bit of detail.
Looking for more inspiration using washi tape? Check out this post where I use a whole array of washi tapes!
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.