Hello, Altenew fans! Have you heard about adding texture to a project? There are different ways to do this. Some of them are a little messy, like embossing paste, and others are simpler.
Embossing folders are a great product to add texture to any project, be it a card or a layout.
In this layout, I used the Dreamy Tiles Embossing Folder to add texture and paired it with patterned papers and embellishments from the Celebrate Scrapbook Collection. I also pulled out an old stamp set which, to this day, is still a favorite: Circled Sentiments Stamp Set. (I used it on these projects a couple of years back.)
- Emboss the folder using any paper of your choice. I opted for white and patterned paper from the Celebrate Paper Pack Collection.
- Cut out the tiles from the packaging of the Celebrate 12×12 Paper Pack Collection or cut out tiles from patterned paper.
- Place the tiles on some white cardstock and play around with the different designs until happy.
- Add your photo.
- Choose embellishments that will break up the horizontal and vertical lines of the tiles.
- Stamp some sentiments with the Circled Sentiments Stamp Set. I used colors from the Martian Terrain Crisp Dye Ink Set and Olive Crisp Dye Ink.
- Adhere everything to the white cardstock. Use glue or foam tape for extra dimension.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
How do you add texture to a project? I am always looking for more ideas, so share them below!
Happy scrapping, and see you soon.